We took expert’s advice and tried out models shows below. We believe they the best running machines you can buy for your own home or even gym. Below is the top models. Enjoy.
LifeSpan Fitness TR3000i
Due to our avocation and profession – reviewing treadmills as well as the best machines for indoor running – we’re familar with how hard its to regularly visit the gym for some maintenance exercise routines. Considering that using treadmills as an element of a powerful workout routine are very favored by trainers, you could even end up waiting for very long periods to make use of available fitness treadmills if your local gym isn’t that big.
Having your own treadmill instead and merely exercise in your own home is a sure way to avoid this issue. It definitely is better and economical in the long term.
There are some people, however, who find it hard to muster the discipline required to start exercising regularly in your own home.
The very best machine for running in the convenience of your own house is likely to be useless in the event it sits in a corner, unused.
If you’re the type of person, however, who may have no issue exercising the discipline that’s essential to workout at home, what we have to say about the LifeSpan TR 3000i running machine will be of interest.
The LifeSpan Fitness TR 3000i folding model is an upgraded version of the 2000i model; so you will find that its features and design are more advanced and up to date. If you find the earlier version to be quite insufficient to meet your needs, you may consider investigating this model.
- “We didn’t plan on getting a folding one but I guess it turned out to be a bonus feature. And even if it’s a foldable model, it really is quite sturdy. The running deck has a good cushioning system and the motor is quiet. It almost feels like in a gym, and it’s way better than some of the machines in hotel gyms.” – Chris S. Hill, Amazon.com
- “I’m so glad I chose the Lifespan 3000i over other folding models in the same price range. It’s well worth the price and the design is very simple and easy to operate. Assembly was easy, but it would help a lot if there’s an extra hand.” – Ken, Amazon.com
- “I can’t find anything wrong with this treadmill. It’s great and quiet. My wife is a light sleeper and it doesn’t disturb her when I’m using the treadmill.” – Mathine’s, Amazon.co
- “This one is great and it’s easy to set up. It also has a lot of programs but the console is quite easy to figure out. The unit is solid and quiet, and the customer service is fantastic. I highly recommend it.” – J. Ottinger, Amazon.com
- “This folding model is easy to use and configure. The pre-programmed settings make exercises customizable to your needs. The speed and incline controls on the handles is also very useful and convenient. I really like it. Nice job, Lifespan!” – C. Thomas, Amazon.com
LifeSpan Fitness TR 3000i Key Features
- Motor – A 2.75HP motor runs this model of treadmill.
- Tread Belt Type – This unit has a double-ply belt to ensure durability and smooth performance.
- User Capacity – Trainers up to 350 pounds can use this treadmill.
- Speed Control – It runs on 0.5 to 12 miles per hour.
- Incline Level – It can incline up to 15 percent.
- Running Surface – equipped with a 20 x 56 inch run surface.
- Suspension System – The running-deck is biochemically correct to provide for safe and comfortable environment while exercising.
- LCD Console – It has a multi-colored console system that’s easy to read. Time, distance, speed, incline, and calories burned can all be monitored here.
- Preset Programs – You can choose from different exercise programs like Sports Training, Healthy Living, Weight Loss, and Heart Rate.
- Foldable – It easily folds up for storage.
- Other Useful Features – It has built-in speakers for playing MP3, and there’s also a headphone jack if you want to listen to music privately.
LifeSpan Fitness TR 3000i Folding Machine Specs
Model: TR 3000i
Product Dimensions: 35 x 52 x 75 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 220 pounds
LifeSpan Fitness TR 3000i Warranty
LifeSpan backs the TR 3000i with a lifetime warranty on the frame, 5 years on parts, and 1 year on labor.
Running Machine And Reviews found lots of programs built into this model of treadmill. And that is a good thing since you can choose the type of exercise that’s the most suitable to your desires.
You can opt to go on a steady pace, or go on a cardio run. There are also other options like long and short distance, short interval, and uphill interval. And if you are into Sports Training, there are 7 programs to choose from when preparing for a sporting event.
It’s an Upgraded Version of TR 2000i
We’ve also covered reviewing the TR 2000i that is an older version belonging to the same company.
So we can tell that the 2 are indeed very similar in nature as most of the features that are found on the earlier model are also found on this latest model. As can be expected, however, the TR 3000i is more advanced when it comes to features and design. While the TR 2000i only has a 2.5HP motor, TR 3000i runs on a 2.75HP motor. The speed also goes up to 12 miles on the latest model. It also has a higher user capacity (50 pound difference) and longer warranty period on the parts (3000i is longer by 2 years). So basically, the latest model is an upgraded version of the old model. It caters to more users and it allows for greater flexibility too.
Smooth Operation – notes that the powerful motor (2.75HP) on this model ensures smooth and fluid operation while using the exercise equipment.
Folds Up Easily – It has a patented EZ Drop design that allows you to fold it and unfold it easily.
Easy To Use And Operate – The speed and incline controls can be found on the unit’s handlebar.
Folds Variety Of Options – It comes with built-in programs that are easy to figure out.
Folds Quick Assembly – The unit comes pre-assembled, so you can set it up in just about an hour.
Quite Heavy -This model is quite heavy (it weighs more than 200 pounds) so it’s quite difficult to transfer from one place to another even if it’s foldable. However, the heavy design also shows that it’s a solid piece of exercise machine.
In our quest to find a solid machine for using at home, we found that the TR 3000i to be way better than its predecessor, the TR 2000i. In fact, if we are going to compare it to other brands of treadmills, we can still say that this model is better when it comes to performance and design. Note, too, that this is a folding treadmill; and for most people, that’s considered a bonus since you will have the option to fold it up and store it after use. As for the performance factor, it also gets the job done since it has a powerful system that can accommodate all types of trainers.
The LifeSpan Fitness TR 3000i is definitely a solid home machine. We can say that it falls somewhere between a low-end piece of equipment and a professional grade commercial machine. All in all, we consider it to be a great machine for running in the comfort of your home.
Looks At Yowza Fitness Daytona
The folks behind this are all fitness buffs, and we like staying in shape because it makes us feel good about ourselves. Since gym memberships can be quite expensive, however, we have become fans of exercise machines that can be used at home.
The Yowza Fitness Daytona non-folding model made it on our list of best machines and treadmills for home because its performance has garnered a favorable response from users. In fact, it has an overall rating of 5 stars (a perfect score) at the Amazon site.
Of the many online distributors we price checked, Amazon was the least expensive. This is a commercial grade product, and it has a high user capacity as well. That’s why we think a lot of health enthusiasts will be interest to find out about its other features and benefits too.
- “I have been using the Yowza Fitness Daytona non-folding model for about two years and it was a great purchase, I’m glad I bought it. I have used treadmills in the gym, and I can say that this is as solid and stable as gym equipment. It also runs smoothly so there’s very minimal impact on the joints and knees. i also like the added features like the fan and the water bottle holder. And there’s even an MP3 jack to accommodate MP3 players. And the speakers are great too. I’d buy it again if I have to, and I also recommend it to others.” – NcKay Harris, Amazon.com
- “I got my Yowza Fitness Daytona model about 3 months ago and I’ve used it constantly. Assembly was quite easy; it took me maybe an hour or so to completely set it up. It’s quiet and I like the cushioned deck. I think that the cushion system on this model is actually better than some of the models I’ve used in the gym. The included wireless scale is also very useful for the Intelligent Weight Management feature.” – Edward Tucker, Amazon.com
Yowza Fitness Daytona Professional Grade Non-Folding Features
- Motor – This model is equipped with a 3.0 Horsepower motor with heavy-duty flywheel to efficiently withstand running and jogging exercises even from the heaviest (350 lbs.) of users, and has a full multi-ply “20 x “50 running belt.
- Running Surface – It has a wide surface area of 20 x 60 inches so as to accommodate long strides.
- Multi-Ply Belt Design – This feature ensures quiet operation. It is also more durable than single-ply models.
- Shock Absorption System – The surface deck provides for a soft landing surface for the feet as compared to running on the pavement: their Progressive Shock Absorption Deck is supported by multi-udometer elastomer rings providing a soft landing surface in front.
- Patented IWM – It comes with a patented Intelligent Weight Management design as well as a wireless scale to help you customize your workout needs.
- Superior Belt Tracking – Provided by crowned rollers that feature sealed bearings.
- Ergonomically Crafted Console – features incline/speed control and responsive quick start; MP3 jack and hi-fidelity speakers; cup holders; single touch resistance.
- 3-Speed Adjustable Fan – helps to cool off users.
- Dock and Charge iPad – for maximum convenience.
Yowza Fitness Daytona Specs
Brand: Yowza Fitness
Product Dimensions: 83 x 35 x 58 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 250 pounds
Yowza Fitness Daytona Warranty
Yowza Fitness backs this model up with a Best-in-Class lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, 5 years warranty on parts and electronics, and 2 years warranty on labor. Manufacturers tend to offer lifetime warranties when when they have reason to believe that consumers will not be cashing in on them; that is, they know their product is high-quality, solidy crafted, with durable parts and components, and that historically the product has not been subject to a high rate of return by consumers. In other words, lengthy warranties granted by manufacturers is an indication that the product is built to last.
Intelligent Weight Management (IWM) Software
We find the patented IWM feature on the Daytona model to be really useful when customizing the settings on this non-folding treadmill. Simply select the IWM button on the console to start setting this up. You then need to get your precise data by taking your weight on the wireless weighing scale that comes with the unit.
Your weight, Body Mass Index (BMI) and other information will then be downloaded into the treadmill’s computer system so that it can be programmed properly. Pressing the start button on the console will then present you with a program that contains the speed, time, and inclination mode that’s most suitable to your condition.
The Yowza Fitness Daytona has an LED display that’s easy to read, large, and features 9 memory slots that is capable of recording the user’s fitness level, weight and age; also has 15 programs, including the following:
- 3 target programs: Speed, Distance and Time which can be set to count down and up.
- 3 preset programs; each program has 12 levels of intensity
- Intelligent Workout Management custom computer-generated program; program automatically determines the workout program that’s needed in order for users to reach and maintain ideal weight and uses the wireless digital scale (included) to obtain weight
- 12 levels of intensity for speed interval program
- Program for weight loss adjusts incline and speed, affording 2 discrete levels of intensity
- 5K walking or running “LEARN” program. Machine records changes made along the way for future workouts and saves them into memory
- Heart rate automatically read with Heart Rate Control Program via the included HR transmitter belt and adjusts both incline and speed to sustain a performance level that’s optimal.
- Fitness test that is based on Heart Rate Recovery
- 3 sets of user Data Memory slots used to create and store preferred workout routines
A Functional Console
All the controls can be found on the unit’s console; and reviewers of this model found this design to be efficient enough to carry out an effective exercise regimen. Aside from the QuickStart button that lets you start on a program right away, the speed and incline buttons can be readily accessed here too.
And not only that; the console is also equipped with speakers, an MP3 jack, and an iPod dock so that you can listen to your favorite music while exercising. It even has a small fan with 3 speeds, and an area to hold a water bottle so as to make the whole routine comfortable for the user.
Solid and Stable – It has an unwavering and steady design
Safe – It’s well-constructed and can accommodate tall and heavy trainers
Intelligent Design – The IWM (Intelligent Weight Management) allows you to customize the settings to fit your specific needs.
Easy To Set Up – You only need to set this unit up once, and then you can use it every day.
High Powered – It’s equipped with a 3 horsepower motor
Bulky-This is a non-folding one and can take up a lot of space.
We appreciates the Yowza Fitness Daytona running machine mainly because of the patented Intelligent Weight Management feature. This is not found on other models of non-commerical and home treadmills, thereby which makes this piece of exercise equipment unique and exceptional.
It lets you program a customized setting on the unit so that it can accurately provide for your exercising needs. By automatically setting the speed, time, and inclination level that’s most suitable for you, you can burn calories effectively and safely.
This model has a high user capacity too, so it can accommodate trainers up to 350 pounds. Needless to say, it’s a very solid piece of equipment; and it can even be compared to those units that are used in the gym. If your place can accommodate a non-folding exercise machine, then the Daytona model would be a great choice for a home.
If you are searching to get a high-quality machine that will durably take all the running you can throw at it, we say this professional-grade euqipment for home use is worth every penny.
ProForm Power 995 Treadmill
In our reviews, we like to recommend gym-quality machines for home use as this type of exercise machine generally lasts longer; and they are quieter too. With the ProForm Power 995, you get a professional looking machine that you can easily set up at home.
And since it can be folded up, you can choose to set it aside in a corner of your house when you’re not using it. This model is also full-featured, so you can benefit from all the functions that are commonly found in gym equipment. And of course, you can perform all your walking and running routines right in your own living room under any type of weather.
- “I got this one about a year ago and it’s worth the cost. It has a wide surface, lifetime warranty, speakers, fan, etc. It’s also iFit live capable. It took me 2 hours to assemble it; I suggest not tightening up the screws until the very last stages of the construction as this will make it really solid and sturdy. I think it’s a great investment. It’s comparable to other units that cost twice as much.” – Jouss, Amazon.com
- “We’ve had this machine for more than a month and we are happy with it. Motor is powerful. It’s quiet and sturdy. I’m 231 pounds and the unit doesn’t wobble or squeak when I’m using it. It does take a little patience to set it up but I can tell that it’s a tough exercise machine. Fan and speakers are great too.” – Chand66
- “I got the ProForm 995 mainly because of the reviews and ratings. Now that I’ve used it, I am very happy with it. Frame is sturdy and there are so many features. I must say I’m impressed. I highly recommend it.” – digy07, Amazon.com
- “The ProForm Power 995 is a great device for running at home. It’s solid and it has a lot of features.” – Wayne Mayers
- “I use this machine every day for walking and jogging exercises. It’s solid and durable and quiet. It’s good to have speakers and a fan too. The preset programs are nice, but I haven’t used the iFit feature yet so I can’t comment on that. Assembly isn’t very difficult since some of the parts are already pre-assembled. This machine is worth the money.” – AJV, Amazon.com
ProForm Power 995 Key Features
- Powerful Motor – This model has a powerful 3.0CHP Mach Z motor that enables it to deal with any type walking and running exercises.
- Maximum Capacity – Users up to 325 pounds can use this model.
- Speed Control – The speed can be adjusted from 0 to 12 miles per hour.
- Incline Control – It could be programmed to incline up to 15 percent for a more efficient calorie burning program.
- Surface – Its 20 x 60 inch surface is wide enough to support trainers of all shapes and sizes.
- Shock Absorption System – The cushioning system works in decreasing impact on the feet and joints.
- iFit Live – This Proform model supports iFit Live so that you can train all around the world with the use of Google maps.
- Special Opportunity -You can also get a personalized training program from fitness coach Jillian Michaels.
- 20 Preset Programs – You can choose from 10 performance programs and 10 weight loss programs.
- HR Monitor – It comes with a heart rate monitor to help you stay in your target zone while exercising.
- Folding Design – You can easily fold the for storage purposes.
ProForm Power 995 Specs
Model: Power 995
Product Dimensions: 34 x 70 x 60 inches
Product Weight: 185 pounds
ProForm Power 995 Warranty
The ProForm Power 995 machine comes with a lifetime warranty on frame and motor, 3 years on parts, and 1 year on labor.
Great for Interval Training
We looked at the features of this machine and saw that it’s a great model for interval training. By using the Speed Control, you can easily change the rate that you’re going through easily. You can burn more calories when you run or walk this way.
Easy to Assemble and Use
This easily assembled exercise treadmill for running at home can be completely set up in just about an hour as it comes pre-assembled. You will also find it easy to fold up since it has a powerful shock system that automatically lifts the deck up when you push it. As for the console, all the essential features you’ll need to keep track of your workout are supplied for you. It’s pretty easy to track your progress while exercising as it clearly displays the time, speed, incline, distance, calories burned, and pulse rate.
iFit Live Compatible
The ProForm 995 is actually looking forward to this feature as it allows you to travel different terrains realistically. This machine will even change the incline level automatically so as to adapt to actual street settings while walking or jogging on the unit. However, you need to purchase the iFit Live module to use this feature, and you also need to pay for yearly membership.
High powered – It has a powerful motor (3 horsepower) to facilitate smooth performance even when running at a high speed.
Quiet – You can expect treadmills with powerful motors to operate quietly.
Functional design – This exercise machine can be used for intense walking and running exercises and for rehabilitation purposes too.
Space saver – It easily folds up when you want to store it in a corner.
Easy to assemble – You can set this up in just a couple of hours or even less.
iFit Live is not included – While the treadmill is iFit compatible, the iFit module needs to be purchased separately. You can’t access it without the module, and you need to pay a yearly membership fee too.
The ProForm Power 995 machine carries many outstanding features and as we got together to compare notes in our individual reviews of this home treadmill, we all agreed that we were quite impressed with it. It also has a very powerful motor that allows the unit to operate with minimal noise. And since it can be folded, even homes with limited spaces can accommodate it. Considering the price, features, and warranty that go with this model of treadmill, we can say that you are getting a great deal when you purchase this. Our consensus for this home model review is that we much preferred walking and running on this wide, well cushioned surface in the comfort of our own homes than on rough outdoor pavements.
Precor 9.33 Premium Series
We’re well aware of the fact that constantly going to the gym can cost a lot of money. And not only that, it may cause a conflict in your schedule too, and make it impossible to keep up with your regular routine. If you have your own one at home, you can walk, jog, or run right in your own living room.
And you can do this at any time too. The right machine for indoor running means you can exercise at midnight in your pajamas if you want to, and none will be the wiser.
If you don’t need to tap into the energy of a group for motivation and discipline, then for convenience, nothing beats running in the comfort of your own home.
The Precor Company has been around for more than 20 years now; and it has continued to make high quality exercise machines that are useful to all types of trainers. The Precor 9.33 is one of their best yet, and it comes with the latest technical innovation that can make exercising at home truly beneficial. This is a commercial-grade treadmill, so it can be expected to last long even when excessively used.
- “It took a long time for me to finally decide on getting this unit because of the price, but it’s worth it. It’s just fantastic. I tried it on the store and liked the cushioning system, it’s outstanding! And the machine looks really good and solid too. I also tried out some of the other expensive treadmills but none of them is even half as good as this one.” – DA Wells, Amazon.com
- “I like the function where my heart rate is used to automatically determine the speed and incline. And I’ve been using the bicycle videos to make running on the treadmill more enjoyable too. I can bike through the California Coast and pass by the Big Sur which is my favorite place. Tomorrow I plan on touring Washington DC or the rain forest. All on my treadmill, of course. It’s just so flexible, I can go anywhere. ” – Bold Consumer, Amazon.com
- “I read a lot of Reviews before purchasing this unit. It’s a high quality exercise equipment and my joints don’t feel worn out even if I run and jog for a long time. The cushions are simply amazing. I recommend this to all runners, and it’s good for walkers who are trying to recuperate from injuries too.” – KerinSM, Amazon.com
- “Every member of my family enjoys jogging on this treadmill. We had an old Schwinn that just gave up due to excessive use. This one looks like it’s going to last for a really long time. I just love it!” – D. Luo, Amazon.com
- “This model replaced an old Precor model that we’ve had for many many years. It’s everything we expected and more. I particularly like that it can remember our workout information. And the maximum incline is 15 percent which is very challenging. The controls are easy to operate and the readout is very clear. We really enjoy using this treadmill.” – Michael Norton, Amazon.com
Precor 9.33 Premium Series Key Features
- Motor – It has a powerful 3.0HP motor to provide for the needed power when increasing the treadmill’s speed.
- Surface – This model has a spacious surface of 22 x 56 inches to accommodate long strides.
- Capacity – Users up to 300 pounds can use this treadmill.
- Speed – It can go up to 12 miles per hour.
- Incline Levels – The inclination level can be adjusted up to 15 percent.
- Multi-Ply Belt – Having more than one ply provides for a quieter operation and a non-slip environment.
- 16 Pre-Set Programs – You can choose from the wide variety of built in programs (e.g. 5K Course, 10K Course, 1 Mile, 1 Heart Rate, 3 Walk, 3 Run, Weight Loss, Manual, Custom, etc).
- Heart Rate Monitor – It comes equipped with a heart rate monitor (handheld) so as to be able to observe your heart’s rate while exercising.
- Foot Plant Technology – This feature automatically adjusts belt speed to one’s foot speed in order to support the user’s natural stride.
- Suspension System – Having a cushioned deck minimizes impact on joints so that the exercise routine becomes effective without causing discomfort and fatigue to the body.
Precor 9.33 Premium Series Specs
Product Dimensions: 79 x 34 x 56 inches
Product Weight: Approximately 350 pounds
Precor 9.33 Warranty
Precor backs the 9.33 model with a lifetime warranty on parts, 10 years warranty on wear items, and 1 year warranty on labor.
Precor 9.33 happens to be one of the simplest models of treadmills that we have found. You will find a quick start button at the console; and you can use this to immediately engage in walking and running exercises quickly.
There are also 16 preset programs to choose from, so you can use a particular setting one day and another setting for another day. There are user IDs to distinguish custom programs from different users too. And all these can be accessed through 1-touch buttons. The workout log can also help you keep track of your progress every time you use the equipment.
Heart Rate Monitoring
Heart Rate monitors now come standard with every treadmill model. The Precor 9.33 uses a combination of wireless HR telemetry and handgrip sensors to monitor one’s heart rate while working out.
We happy to say that this treadmill also has customizable features. By adding your own information (e.g. age, weight, goal, etc), it can come up with a customized program that’s best for your particular condition.
Solid Construction – The unit is durable and can provide for the whole family’s exercising needs for many years. And it comes with a long warranty too.
User-friendly – It has an MP3 player jack, magazine holder, and a water bottle holder.
Easy to Operate – The QuickStart button lets you engage in a workout program with just one push of a button.
Comfortable Deck – The cushioned deck helps prevent injury and stress on the joints.
High Capacity – The speed can be set up to 12 miles per hour, and the inclination level can reach up to 15 percent.
Price – This model quite expensive. But it’s a commercial-grade exercise equipment.
We can assure our readers that the Precor 9.33 Premium Series is a professional-quality home machine; and that this model is even commonly used in gyms. You can therefore save on time and money if you have your own unit at home.
While the 9.33 may seem to be quite expensive, we can say that you are basically getting what you pay for. This is a high quality equipment, and it can withstand use and abuse for many many years. In fact, this model is backed by a long warranty, which somehow reflects its durability.
This is the perfect home option for all the members of the family since it’s easy to use and program. It can hold users up to 300, pounds and the wide running-surface can accommodate long strides too. We highly recommends it for walking, jogging, and running exercises.
If you enjoy this guide please read our top running shoes guide here.