These are the pics that I have from the past weekend. Of course they are a little SPC bias, it was my girlfriend taking the pictures. We will continue to add here and there.
Everyone that participated today ended up winning. The weather was beautiful, crowd supportive and athletes were stellar. The competition was outstanding, with all athletes giving their all on 3 difficult WODs. Once again the CF community showed its true colors, only supportive, respectful, wonderful athletes. There were NO EGOs, just great camraderie and CF FUN.
Please make sure to check back every now and then for pictures and a video.
Thank you to all of the volunteers and volunteer judges, spectators and athletes. We will let this sit in for a few days and then begin thinking about our next event. You can count on one thing, next year will be the 2nd Annual NEO CrossFit Challenge.
1 CHEW FENG YI CROSSFIT JOUST 05:49 04:26 15:10 25:25
2 KUSNYER KATE SPC CROSSFIT 09:04 05:13 18:21 32:38
3 HOLLIDAY KRISTIN SPC CROSSFIT 07:33 05:28 20:35 33:36
1 PRICE DOUG CROSSFIT LEGACY 05:49 04:36 14:35 25:00
2 MCGROTTY SHANE ROGUE FITNESS 07:19 04:52 14:12 26:23
3 PARANA BRIAN CROSSFIT ENERGY 06:09 05:44 15:00 26:53
Full Final Standing:
Do you have a friend competing today? Want to see the results come in live? We will post results as WOD times come in for each athlete.
You can keep up with whats happening at the NEO Crossfit Challenge by visiting the following URL:
The standings page will update automatically every 30 seconds. So load the page, sit back and watch the results come in.
Results will change fast as we post times for each WOD.
WOD times are 9:00am, 11:30am and 2:00pm. So you can time your visit to the standings page accordingly.
UPDATE: Please check below for update to DL WOD. I made a mistake and added to many rounds. My fault and I apologize.
The following are the standards for the upcoming WODs.
IF SCALING IS NEEDED, PLEASE INFORM US AT REGISTRATION AND WE WILL ACCOMODATE YOUR REQUESTS. (WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR OVERALL WINNER)
WOD: Wall Balls and Burpees
- Ball must pass the line/target (10ft)
- Hips must fall below the knees
- Chest and Thighs must touch the ground/mat
- Burpee must end in a jump and clap above the head
WOD: Deadlifts and Skips
- Lift must be initiated from the ground each time (no bouncing)
- Head must be behind the bar at the top of each lift
- Hips must be OPEN at the end of the lift
- Bar must be carried back to the grounddropping of bar will result in a lost rep/uncounted rep
- SKIPS: Only the pre-selected exercise will be counted
- ex: if you choose DUs, then ALL single skips will NOT be counted
- ATHLETES MAY USE THEIR OWN ROPES, OTHERWISE THEY WILL BE PROVIDED
WOD: THIS, THAT and SOME MORE
- you didnt think I was going to give you the standards for the unidentified WOD did you? You will have to wait to find out.
- Womens Heats will be run in two heats of 4 contestants
- Mens Heats will be run in four heats of 6 contestants
- All athletes will compete in the FINAL WOD
- The top 4 women and top 6 men will compete in the FINAL WOD
- This WOD will use a STAGGERED STARTWINNER WILL TAKE ALL (UNLESS THEIR IS A BLACKHORSE IN THE FINAL WOD)
We are getting closer to gametime, so here are a few early updates.
1. Spectators are welcome
2. Bring any food,chairs,blankets, etc . . that you will need
3. Parking will be at Stanton Middle School (just down the road and then we will shuttle you here)
4. Two of the three workouts will be posted on Wed. June 3rd
5. More to come as we get closer.
Now you can help promote this event using our flyer.
All participants who register before June 1st for the June 6th NEO CrossFit Challenge will get in at the discount price of $54.95. Participants who register the week of the event must pay the full price of $64.95.
**** More details will be released within the next week (including: parking, registration, what to bring, etc..)
**** The 3 WODs will be released on Wednesday June 3rd. Let the fun begin, so check back soon.
The NEO CrossFit challenge is not limited to current CrossFit members this is an open event. Whether you are a member of a CrossFit affiliate, train at home, or train at Ballys in Pennsylvania, you are invited to our challenge. However, registration is limited to 50 participants total. 9 have registered within the first week, so if you plan on coming be sure to reserve your spot.
Check out our crossfit footwear guide at: https://www.workoutgearlab.net/crossfit/best-shoes-for-crossfit/